SPG Holiday in a box provides holiday packages offered by Ignite Holidays Pty Ltd (“SPG Holiday in a box “, “we”, “us”) ABN 86 119 314 377. Ignite Holidays Pty Ltd is a licensed travel agent (Licence No. TA3633047).
The terms and conditions below apply to your purchase and booking of a SPG Holiday in a box holiday. Please read the following terms and conditions carefully. You must be a valid Starwood Preferred Member and 18 years of age or older to make a booking. SPG members standard in stay benefits will not apply. It is important you understand and agree with the following terms and conditions. You should not proceed with any purchase or booking unless you do.
By confirming your holiday with SPG Holiday in a box you agree to adhere to and be bound by each individual supplier’s terms and conditions and the terms and conditions imposed by SPG Holiday in a box.
- AGENCY – We act as an agent only. We offer a range of travel services (which may include but are not limited to flights, accommodation, cruise liner services, coach and rail services) on behalf of others who provide those services. Our duties to you are limited to arranging bookings on your behalf with those service providers. We are not responsible for providing those services to you, or for the standard of any service provided. If a service provider fails to provide you with a service, or you are not satisfied with the standard of any service provided, you agree that your only rights are directly against the service provider and not against us. You agree that we are not liable to you for any losses that you suffer in those circumstances, and that you will not claim against us (directly or indirectly) any refund, credit or other compensation. You agree that any money that you have paid to us will not be held on trust for you, but will be used by us to make payment to the service providers to secure the booking for your travel services.
- Each offer is valid for the period as specified for each offer as outlined on the SPG Holiday in a box website, in which time you will be required to book your holiday (remember, the quicker you are the more likely it is that you will receive your preferred travel dates). Your voucher cannot be used and will not be honoured past the dates detailed on www.spgholidayinabox.com, unless express written consent is received from us. If you have not booked your holiday before the expiry date the offer it will automatically lapse and you will no longer be entitled to book that package.
- All deal inclusions must be redeemed in a single visit (unless specified otherwise) I.e if you purchase a 7 night deal you must take all 7 nights consecutively.
- When you contact us to make your booking, we will endeavour to book and confirm all components of your package within 72 hours of receiving your booking details. Should we not be able to confirm any component we will contact you with an alternative within 72 hours.
- Payment is due at time of booking. Where payment via a deposit and final amount is offered, full payment must be made by the ‘book travel by’ date listed on each deal page.
- All bookings and enquiries must be made through SPG Holiday in a box by calling 1300 883664 or online at www.spgholidayinabox.com. All rates are quoted in Australian Dollars unless otherwise stated. Rates and prices quoted in print or on the website and quoted by our reservations personnel are subject to availability and can be withdrawn or varied without notice. The price is only confirmed when final payment has been received by us. Price changes may occur at any time by reason of matters outside our control which increase the cost of the product or the service provided by the suppliers. Such factors include but are not limited to adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, price increases made by our suppliers, taxes and airfare increases. Any price increase that is outside our control will be added to your account and is payable no later than 60 days from departure. Rates and prices do not include any costs incurred en route to and from the destination, meals and/or alcoholic beverages (unless specified), telephone calls, items of a personal nature, and personal services not specified as being included in costs on the relevant web pages for each supplier’s product. Where gratuities are included in the price of a cruise, this refers to cruise gratuities only. On board credit for use on board the ship and amount is per cabin based on twin share.
- Availability of accommodation is displayed on the SPG Holiday in a box website, www.spgholidayinabox.com. Your booking is subject to the availability of the actual rooms provided by the resort and/or seats provided by the participating airline. Some packages utilise low cost airlines and the package price is reliant on us booking a specific promotional fare and is only confirmed upon receipt of confirmation to us from the Supplier(s). Should this not be available, or the traveller wishes to secure an alternative flight or airline, any difference in price must be paid by the traveller. Each promotional offer is limited to a certain number of customers. We secure more than the required allocation of rooms and airline seats (where full service airlines are used) for each promotional offer, however there is no certainty that your preferred rooms and airline seats will be available on any given day. You acknowledge that booking available rooms and airline seats is on a “first come first served” basis. Please visit www.spgholidayinabox.com to make your own enquiries about current availability. You agree that you shall have no claim against us if your preferred dates are not available.
- Your accommodation sleeps 2 guests, unless stated otherwise. Where necessary extra guests or children will incur a charge for additional bedding and flights where offered. Further details can be provided on request from SPG Holiday in a box on 1300 883664.
- Travel extras – Your initial payment of the holiday entitles you to a Voucher which enables you to have access to the related travel package offered. Only customers that have purchased a Voucher can book a SPG Holiday in a box If you require additional nights, additional guests, transfers etc to that entitled by your offer, payment is required upon confirmation of your requested extras.
- Payment of vouchers can only be made by credit card (a 1.3% credit card surcharge will apply) or Amex (a 2.9% credit card surcharge will apply), payment of any extra balance can be made by bank transfer, BPAY or with the following credit cards – Visa, MasterCard, (a 1.3% credit card surcharge will apply) or Amex (a 2.9% credit card surcharge will apply). Bookings can only be confirmed upon receipt of cleared funds.
- Earning Loyalty Program Bonus Points: Where used in these Promotion Terms and Conditions, “Loyalty Program” refers to the Starwood Preferred Guest, Marriott Rewards and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards loyalty programs operated by Marriott International, Inc. Earning: Loyalty Program members who make a booking via Ignite Travel Group for specified SPG Holiday in a Box packages at a participating hotel or resort (“Participating Property”) between 16 November 2018 and 16 December 2018 for an arrival date on or before 27 September, 2019 ; 31 May,2019 for Sheraton Fiji Resort, complete the stay, and satisfy the terms and conditions of this promotion will receive 15,000 Loyalty Program points (“Points”) per stay (the “Promotion”). Participating properties include Sheraton Fiji Resort, Sheraton Resort & Spa, Tokoriki Island, Fiji, Sheraton Denarau Villas. All bookings must be made via Ignite Travel Group through dedicated Promotion campaign page or by calling the telephone number provided on the Promotion campaign page. Loyalty Program members must provide their membership number during check-in at participating property. In-stay Elite benefits: Elite level Loyalty Program members are not eligible to receive any in-stay elite benefits during their stays during this Promotion which benefits include a welcome gift, Your24, lounge access etc. Additionally, Suite Night Awards maybe not be requested for bookings for this Promotion. To be eligible for this Promotion, guests must be active members in good standing of the Loyalty Program. Guests who are not Loyalty Program members may join the Loyalty Program at no cost online at www.spg.com or at time of check-in at a participating property in this Promotion. Points Posting Time: The Points earned under this Promotion will post to the Loyalty Program member’s account within two to four weeks after the qualifying stay posts. Eligible stays and nights: Members will not earn any eligible stays and nights towards the next Loyalty Program Elite status level nor nights under this Promotion. Promotion may not be combined with any other offer. Promotion is subject to availability of guest rooms at time of booking. Marriott and its affiliates are not responsible for omissions or typographical errors. This Promotion is void where prohibited by law. Marriott and its affiliates reserve the right to discontinue this Promotion at any time.
- Once payment is made, if you cancel for any reason, subject to clause 5 you will not be entitled to any refund, including any extras purchased. If you believe there are compassionate or other extenuating circumstances as to why you have cancelled your holiday, please advise us and we may, in our absolute discretion, offer you an ex gratia partial refund. In the limited circumstances where you are not able to proceed with your booked holiday as a result of the insolvency of a service provider, we will refund to you any amount which you have paid to us and which we have not already paid (or are not legally obliged to pay) on your behalf to service providers. In that case, you agree that we shall be entitled to retain a booking fee applicable to your booking (a minimum of $200 per person) which is a reasonable remuneration for the services that we have provided and is a reasonable estimate of the expenses incurred by us in advertising, facilitating and booking your holiday.
- Non-payment Fees: Should you default in making any payment in accordance with the agreed trading terms, then all monies owing to Ignite Holidays Pty Ltd shall immediately become due and payable. Ignite Holidays Pty Ltd shall be entitled to charge interest at the rate of 3% above the 90 day bank bill rate as set by The Reserve Bank of Australia per calendar month on all overdue amounts from the date due for payment until the date of actual payment. We reserve the right to apply any expense and/or costs or disbursements incurred by Ignite Holidays Pty Ltd in recovering any outstanding monies including debt Collection agency fees and legal costs.
- Amendments Fees: All amendments are subject to a minimum fee of $100 per person together with any additional amendment fees and conditions applied by the service providers.
- Taxes, Fees & other charges: Taxes, fees, additional levies and government charges may apply, and are beyond our control and may change at any time. Taxes and Fees charged and collected by the airline(s) are only confirmed once your ticket is issued. Australian departure tax is recorded on your ticket as being paid. There are still some countries where taxes are paid upon arrival and/or departure from the airport.
- Acceptance of your booking is subject to each service provider’s standard conditions of acceptance of guests including, but not limited to, conditions in relation to booking, occupancy, payment and checkout that apply at all times.
- Airline Baggage: Some packages may include carry-on baggage only. Checked baggage may be available to purchase at an additional charge. Please contact us for details.
- Airline Meals and Aircraft seating: Please contact us for all meal and aircraft seating requests. Please note that bulkhead seats are generally reserved for families travelling with infants. Exit row seating cannot be reserved by us and is only made available at check-in. Requests may not be guaranteed until check-in and is subject to availability and the airline conditions of carriage. Any special meals if available must also be requested at the time of booking.
- ITINERARY VARIATIONS – Cruise/Tour itineraries may be varied by the operator from time to time for operational reasons at their absolute discretion.
- Flight schedule changes: The airlines do have the right to reschedule or cancel flights at ANY time. Please note that the airlines accept no responsibility to accommodate any changes made that don’t suit you. We will use our reasonable endeavours to assist you to rebook on the closest flight time or date available, subject to seat availability. We will not accept responsibility should changes occur nor do we accept responsibility for any additional cost incurred by you to make alterations to your booking to accommodate these changes as these are beyond our control.
- SUPPLIER CHANGES – Many of the bonus inclusions which are incorporated into various packages have no associated costs charged to you the customer i.e. they are ‘free’ inclusions. This includes, but is not limited to, bonus inclusions such as cruises, golf, massages, day tours etc. Should you elect to cancel any component of your package there will be no refund forthcoming or any reduction in the overall package price. Additionally, should any ‘bonus’ inclusions be cancelled by an operator or any such service not be provided to you, no refund will be forthcoming nor will any additional service or compensation be provided unless offered directly to you by the service provider responsible for that service.
- Travel Insurance: The Australian Government advises that all travellers obtain travel insurance prior to travel. The insurance should cover loss of deposit and other monies through cancellation, loss or damage to personal baggage and loss of money, medical expenses, additional expenses to cover hotel accommodation and repatriation costs to Australia should any services need to be extended or curtailed due to illness or other insurable risk. Our reservations team can provide you with general information about travel insurance at the time of booking. If you do not require travel insurance you agree to provide written acknowledgement that a recommendation to obtain travel insurance has been made to you by us.
- PREGNANCY – Guests who are pregnant during a cruise are required to supply a physician’s ‘fit to travel’ note, including your estimated due date, prior to embarkation. The Cruise operators are unable to accept any guests who will have entered their 24th week or later of pregnancy, by the end of the cruise.
- Incorrect Names: You are responsible to supply all passenger names exactly as they appear on your passports. If the spelling of any name itemised on a SPG Holiday in a box booking confirmation is different to the name on that person’s passport/photo identification – PLEASE ADVISE US IMMEDIATELY. Failure to provide your correct names may require a re-issue of tickets and other documentation and you accept responsibility for this cost. In some cases you may have to pay more for your ticket if there are no seats available to rebook in the same fare type as the original ticket. Any fees will be the responsibility of the passenger if SPG Holiday in a box has not been informed of the correct name and spelling at the time of the initial booking. Please note that most airlines treat name changes and route and/or itinerary alterations as FULL CANCELLATION and can incur full cancellation charges.
- LEAVING A CRUISE EARLY – If you are required, or choose, to leave the cruise for any reason (unless caused by our proven negligence or failure to provide services with due care and skill and that are reasonably fit for purpose), we are not responsible for any expenses, including your return home. This also applies if you do not return to the ship in time for sailing after a port visit. If we assist with any costs, you will need to repay us on your return. In addition, you will not be entitled to any refunds.
- Travel Documentation: Your airline E-ticket will be sent to you no later than 30 days prior to your departure date. Travel Documents include (without limitation) airline tickets, hotel vouchers, tour vouchers or any other document (whether in electronic form or otherwise) used to confirm an arrangement with a service provider. Travel documents may be subject to certain conditions and/or restrictions including (without limitation) being non-refundable, non-date-changeable and subject to cancellation and/or amendment fees. All Travel Documents are non-transferable. SPG Holiday in a box will not be held responsible for tickets and/or documentation lost by a third party. Any charges associated with re-issue and re-sending of tickets and/or documentation will be at your expense.
- Passports are required by all passengers travelling internationally and are always the responsibility of the passenger. Most countries require that foreign nationals entering hold a passport with at least 6 months validity beyond the date of your return to Australia.
- Visas and Vaccinations: Visa and health requirements are the responsibility of all individual travellers. Permanent residents travelling on a foreign passport must hold a valid returning resident Visa. The final responsibility for ensuring documentation is correct and current is that of the individual traveller. SPG Holiday in a box consultants are not qualified to advise you on vaccinations. Please contact your own doctor for advice, or visit the Travel Doctor website www.traveldoctor.com.au
- Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade – Travel Warnings: SPG Holiday in a box makes no representations as to the safety, conditions and other issues that may exist at any destination. For reasons of political unrest, acts of war or terrorism or natural disasters in certain parts of the world the Australian Government in conjunction with various other worldwide bodies may decide to issue a Government Advisory Warning to Australian Passport holders not to travel to that country. In these instances, whilst travel to some countries is not advisable and some clauses of the travel insurance coverage may not be effective we appreciate that some travellers may still need to travel to those areas. Whilst we are prepared to make these bookings on your behalf we do so without responsibility or liability. Current travel warnings and other information is available on the Department of Foreign Affairs website at www.smartraveller.gov.au It is recommended that all Australian travellers register their personal details i.e. Passport numbers, contact details in Australia and the countries you will be visiting so that in case of emergency you can be contacted.
- Limitation of Liability- We do not accept any liability, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, for any act or omission of travel service providers including their failure to provide a service whether through their negligence or otherwise. We do not make any representation about the standard of the services to be provided by travel service providers, and we accept no liability in that regard. We do not accept any liability, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, for any injury, losses, expenses, delays or inconvenience suffered by you in connection with your booking or your travel services, unless our liability is prescribed by legislation which cannot be excluded. Without limiting the foregoing, we will not be liable for any loss of benefit or change in status relating to any loyalty, rewards, frequent flyer or other program which result from the actions of a travel service provider, including a change in flights or a change in airline carrier. Where our liability cannot be excluded, our liability is limited to the amount that you have paid for your travel services. If you, acting reasonably, cancel your holiday as a result of a travel warning issued for your travel destination by the Australian government as referred to in clause 26, we will refund to you any amount which you have paid to us and which we have not already paid (or are not legally obliged to pay) on your behalf to service providers. In that case, you agree that we shall be entitled to retain a booking fee applicable to your booking (a minimum of $200 per person) which is a reasonable remuneration for the services that we have provided and is a reasonable estimate of the expenses incurred by us in advertising, facilitating and booking your holiday.
- All enquiries and bookings for flights will be processed through Ignite Holidays Pty Ltd.
- The ‘valued at’ and comparative savings have been determined based on the hotels full retail rates, non-promotional published airfares and the full retail value of inclusions, as found on sites such as hotelscombined, expedia or wotif.com. Please be advised that dependent on the timing and manner of your booking these rates can change and therefore the ‘valued at’ and comparative savings are only indicative.